Marshall Dudley wrote:

> > There needs to be a time element associated with this as well.  That
> > is, even a microamp at a millivolt, would produce this much energy
> > over a long enough time. My guess is that is it for 60 hertz, which
> > would be about 8 milliseconds. But even so that number seems very
> > fishy. Lets say you are looking at one pulse of 60 hertz, which is
> > 8.33 milliseconds.  If you have 10 volts the the amount of current to
> > exceed this would be 162 AMPS!!!!  This would be far beyond deadly.
> >

> Marshall

It would also be far beyond possibility.  10 volts is not capable of driving
162 amps through your body. The resistance would have to be .06 ohms.

Any device you use should be limited to about 5 mA. This would require
2700 volts to produce 13.5 watts for 1 sec.  or 0.5 mA @ 27,000 volts.

Hope this helps.:)

Al Davis (Ex Navy electrician)