Terry said:
"I have read that CS should be taken on an empty
stomach for it to be effective. Obviously you feel
there is also value in taking CS even if combined with
various foods...could you elaborate?"

The whole 'under the tongue' or 'on an empty stomach'
thing is relevant if you are buying CS and taking
small amounts of it to minimize the cost. When you
drink it freely, I doubt that it matters. I seriously
doubt that one teaspoon under the tongue will give my
body as much CS or any more benefit than 6-8 oz drunk
in a cup of herb tea. If I needed to economize, I
would use it carefully. When the cost of CS is only
slightly higher (and I mean slightly) than the cost of
distilled water, I don't economize. I need to drink
plenty of water anyway, I just make a large portion of
it water with silver in it.

The woman who reported to me that she had had
marvelous success against her MS drinking 16-24 oz/day
alerted me to the dynamic of copious quantities of CS.

I have explored the EPA site
(http://www.epa.gov/iris/subst/0099.htm) thoroughly,
and it is irrelevant to the CS we make and ingest.

Please notice what they are talking about:

"Gaul and Staud (1935) reported 70 cases of
generalized argyria following organic and colloidal
silver medication, including 13 cases of generalized
argyria following intravenous silver arsphenamine
injection therapy... Argyria developed after a total
dose of 4, 7 or 8 g in some patients, while in others,
argyria did not develop until after a total dose of
10, 15 or 20 g. The authors concluded that argyria may
become clinically apparent after a total accumulated
i.v. dose of approximately 8 g of silver arsphenamine.
The book entitled "Argyria. The Pharmacology of
Silver" reached the same conclusion, that a total
accumulative i.v. dose of 8 gm silver arsphenamine is
the limit beyond which argyria may develop (Hill and
Pillsbury, 1939)."

Despite their use of the words "colloidal silver",
they are talking about silver compounds, NOT
electrically isolated silver particles (and absolutely
not ionic silver). They are NOT talking about what we
use, they are commenting on silver MEDICINES.
Virtually nothing said on this EPA site refers to what
we use.

Neither is anything that Jason posted relevant to what
we use.

Jason said:
"Alexander G. Schauss, Hopkins PHD though he is, is
wrong. The EPA established RISK for silver is 3.8
grams, not per day, but over a lifetime..."

Wrong, Jason. I disagree completely. The EPA
established (actually, guessed, not established) risk
is 3.8 grams of silver COMPOUNDS, or even silver
powder, NOT colloidal silver.

"You'd have to chop tiny silver chips to ingest 3.8
grams a day or mix ground silver with your water, and
doing so would not turn you blue, it would eventually
kill you, probably before you turned blue..."

Absolutely. In fact, it is impossible to drink too
much CS.

"Silver is going to be retained in the major organs
prior to the skin; this has been demonstrated over and
over with "lab rat" type studies and autopsies..."

Wrong again. Silver COMPOUNDS and silver POWDER will
be retained in the major organs, not colloidal silver
such as we make and ingest.

"The established minimum critical dose is 1.9
milligrams daily. [Of what?] While this number is
contested, [thoroughly, as the EPA admits] it's a
pretty close approximation to what is accepted by the
World Health Organization [now there's a credibility
gap] and the EPA, and it is based on the available
scientific data, [which concerns silver compounds, NOT
colloidal silver] which, granted, has a great many
holes that have never been filled, especially
concerning isolated silver products."

Jason, I am not attacking you, but your post had the
affect of inferring that, if you weren't careful, that
if there were a few minerals in your water, you could
very well poison yourself. I think that's
preposterous. Many, many people have made (and are
making) CS with tap to river water and I haven't heard
of anything blue happening to them.

I absolutely do not believe it's possible to harm
yourself in any way from CS made with pure water,
silver and electricity.

As a last point, here is the content of something Beck
wrote about using CS:

A FEW UNIQUE PLUS TRADITIONAL USES FOR COLLOIDAL
SILVER

Add to suspected drinking water when traveling or
camping. Silver-sprayed burns heal rapidly without
scarring. Safely sterilize anything from toothbrushes
to surgical instruments. Use topically on cuts,
wounds, abrasions, rashes, sunburn, insect bites,
razor nicks and bandages. Spray on garbage to prevent
decay odors. Mist kitchen sponges, towels, cutting
boards to eliminate E. Coli and salmonella bacteria to
prevent food poisoning and gastrointestinal
inflammation.

Add when canning, preserving or bottling. Use like
peroxide on zits and acne. Add to juices and milk to
prevent spoiling, fermenting, deteriorating,
clabbering or curdling. Spray in shoes and between
toes to stop most skin itch, athletes foot and fungi.
Diminish dandruff, psoriasis, skin rashes, etc. Add to
bath water, gargle, douches, colon irrigation, nasal
spray and dental water-pic solutions. Cuts downtime
dramatically from colds, flu, pneumonia, staph, strep,
respiratory infections and rhino viruses. Skin itch,
eye irritation or infection (dilute a small amount
with an equal amount of distilled water for eye use)
and ear infections (warm slightly first), some moles
and warts vanish (put on bandaid pad and wear on wart
overnight each night until gone). Use with Q-tips on
fingernail, toenail, and ear fungi. Can impede tooth
decay and bad breath. Unlike pharmaceutical
antibiotics, Colloidal Silver never permits
strain-resistant pathogens to evolve.

Toothaches, mouth sores, bacterial irritations are
diminished. Soak dentures. Spray refrigerator, freezer
and food storage bin interiors. Mix in postage stamp,
envelope, and tape moistening wells, paint and paste
pots to prevent bacterial growth, odors, spoiling or
souring. Add to water-based paints, wallpaper paste,
dishwater, cleaning and mopping solutions, etc. Spray
pet bedding and let dry.

Spray on top of contents of opened jam, jelly, and
condiment containers and inside lids before replacing.
Mix a little in pet water, birdbaths, cut flower
vases. Add to swamp cooler water. Spray air
conditioner filters after cleaning. Swab air ducts and
vents to prevent breeding sites for germs. Use
routinely in laundry final rinse water and always
before packing away seasonal clothes. Damp clothes or
towels and washcloths will not sour or mildew.
Eliminate unwanted microorganisms in planter soils and
hydroponics systems. Spray plant foliage to stop
fungi, molds, rot, and most plant diseases. Silver is
an excellent plant-growth stimulator.

Treat pools, fountains, humidifiers, Jacuzzis, hot
tubs, baths, dishwashers, re-circulating cooling tower
water, gymnasium foot dips, and bath and shower mats.
Spray inside shoes, watch bands and gloves and under
fingernails periodically. Treat shower stalls, tubs,
fonts, animal watering troughs, shavers to avoid
trading germs. Rinse fruit and vegetables before
storing or using. Put in cooking water. Add to human
and animal shampoos and they become disinfectants.
Prevent carpets, drapes and wallpaper from mildewing.
Wipe telephone mouthpieces, pipe stems, headphones,
hearing aids, eyeglass frames, hairbrushes, combs,
loofas. Excellent for diapers and diaper rash. Do
toilet seats, bowls, tile floors, sinks, urinals, door
knobs. Kills persistent odors. Rinse invalid's
pillowcases, sheets, towels and bedclothes. There are
literally thousands of other essential uses for this
odorless, nearly tasteless and colorless, totally
benign, powerful, non-toxic disinfectant and healing
agent. You'll find that a spray or misting bottle of
Colloidal Silver solution may be the most useful
health enhancement tool in your environment.

Dosage:
Some people, when first ingesting Colloidal Silver,
have the experience that is called the Herxheimer
effect. This experience is a result of the silver very
efficiently killing off too many pathogens too fast
for the body to dispose of through the normal
eliminative organs. This forces the body to utilize
the secondary eliminative organs: the lungs, sinuses
and skin. Sometimes a new Colloidal Silver user who
ingests Colloidal Silver for the first time will
experience what feels like a cold or the flu (or
diarrhea). This can be stopped by cutting back on the
dosage (or completely abstaining for a day or so), or
prevented by starting with a small dose (1/4 to 1
teaspoon twice a day) and gradually increasing the
dosage. Some people even find they need to start off
at first with just a few drops. People who are trying
to self-treat a significant health condition (like
asthma, or an internal infection) may need to work up
to fairly large quantities each day (4 to 6 oz 2-3
times per day) before they see an improvement. There
are no known instances of anyone overdosing with
Colloidal Silver.