I found that "Lugol's Iodine" solution works very well for food  Poisoning,
dosage: 6 drops for adult 1/2 that for a child, in a cup of good water.
Be sure your not allergic to Iodine, you should know if your are..Don't take it if you are allergic.

IODINE, IODIDE, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

Iodine is a basic element, as are calcium, zinc, oxygen and other elements. The word "iodine" usually refers to two iodine molecules chemically "stuck together" (I2), just as the word "oxygen" usually refers to two oxygen molecules "stuck together" (O2). Since iodine is more reactive, and therefore more likely to cause problems, iodine is usually used as "iodide", a word which refers to one iodine molecule combined with another molecule such as potassium (KI) or sodium (NaI). In chemical terms, such molecules are called "salts"; the best known salt is sodium chloride (NaCl), a "salt" of chlorine (Cl2).

The "SS" in "SSKI" refers to "Saturated Solution Potassium Iodide". Other medically useful forms of iodine include "Lugol's solution", invented by Dr. Lugol of Paris in the 1840s, which contains a mixture of types of iodine and iodide, and "di-atomic iodine", which is another name for iodine, but usually prepared as a solid in a capsule instead of a liquid.
Tel Tofflemire
Dewey, AZ.

Garnet wrote:

Botulism is an anaerob, does not grow in the presence of Oxygen. It is a
risk in canned foods for this reason. Sprores can be found in raw honey
as well, although rarely happens, it is recommended that raw honey not
be given to the immune deficient such as toddlers or the infirm.

It is said that boiling canned foods for 20 minutes is preventative, but
if there is a can or jar with a popped lid or swelling throw it away for
goodness sake. It is extremely toxic in small amounts.

As well E. coli takes only a very few organsims to make you sick. It can
shut down your kidneys in short order and kills quickly. Again not
something to experiment with.

Salmonella on the other hand is not so risky for mature immune systems
as they develop resistance. However still very risky for the immune
deficient or in sufficient quantity.

I would caution anyone to throw out any food that they think is spoiled,
it is simply not worth the risk. Even for daily EIS consumers.

On another note . .  A few weeks ago my husband and daugher got food
poisoning from something we all ate, at a restaurant. I had been
drinking EIS, up to a cup a day preventatively. I did not get sick.

Garnet