From: Trem [mailto:t...@silvergen.com]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 7:31 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Filtering CS

Hi Steve,

You're correct about the surface particles.  They are probably only one atom
thick and are floating because of surface tension.  When I see them I'm
reminded of an oil sheen.  One drop of oil can cover a large surface and
make one think it's more than it really is.

I have found that if one just pours off (decants) into another container the
surface floaters just disappear.  Anyway there's nothing to worry about
since it's all silver and not a contaminant and the quantity is so
infinitesimal it's not worth bothering with.

The worst filters are Whatman.  It must be because of the extra chemical
processing to make them low ash and ultra pure.  Anyway, they really cause
yellowing.  My recommendation is NEVER filter.  Decanting is the best
method.

Best regards,

Trem