It might be changing - see following report at
http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/329/7460/247
Scandals have eroded US public's confidence in drug industry
Jeanne Lenzer , New York
Only 13% of Americans believe that pharmaceutical companies are "generally
honest and trustworthy," putting the industry on a par with tobacco, oil,
and managed care companies, a recent Harris Poll survey has found. Public
confidence in drug companies has plunged harder and faster than for any
other industry, the survey indicates .....
Christine