I think the amount of H202 one would add to EIS is small enough not to be a problem even if one believes H202 is a problem. I myself still believe straight 3% H202 is a perfectly good wound flush for immediate first aid, and I would also have no hesitation to use it on an infected wound where I wanted to debride the pus and infected cells off the wound. It does kill new cells, but I personally never have continued to use it on a non-infected healing wound, nor do I know anyone else who has. I think perhaps they don't like peroxide because it is cheap and effective? With my mother who got many infected wounds on her legs in her last couple years, she had this argument with the public health nurse and the doctor several times. However, the "wound wash" and the neosporin they always wanted to put on her wounds invariably let them become terribly infected......so I don't know what the medical deal is, maybe just drumming up business for abx prescriptions? Whatever, I was completely underwhelmed by their alternatives to peroxide. However they were very insistent that we not use it, to the point where both the Dr. and the nurse became very angry. Had I known about EIS those days, I'd have used it. So we just quit telling them what we were doing. God knows my mother would probably have lost a leg, if I had let them treat her their way only. I remember once the nurse washing a leg wound, and putting on neosporin, they next morning it was unbelievably worse and inflamed. They insisted I was wrong about the reaction to the neosporin. I would clean the wound my way, and put on a vit e ointment (from a clean new jar of ointment) and it would be better when the dressing was changed, but the nurse would still be horrified that I had taken off her dressing and re-done it, saying I was making things worse. FWIW, my mother is the one who wanted peroxide used, as she said it was what she always used and she never used to get infections from cuts and scratches. Medical people see what they want to see, I guess. Sort of like the rest of us, but then I know I saw what I saw....and my mom reported less pain in the wounds when I took care of them, too. I ended up feeling less respect for doctors and nurses than I had ever had, and also believing one just has to try different things, and stick with what works, no matter what the professionals say.
sol

William Amos wrote:

Hello all:
In the October-2004 issue of Readers Digest there is an article on  " First Aid You
Should Never Use".
Included is the use of Hydrogen Peroxide. Dermatologist Robert Kirsner, a spokesperson for the American Academy of Dermatology mentions Hydrogen Peroxide, along with other medications can be toxic to skin cells, impeding healing and killing healthy cells.
Does anyone have have information on mixing CS and H2O2
as being safe to use either internally or externally ?

Bill Amos