When DMSO first became popular years ago...as a local treatment for
arthritis...they did some preliminary studies...and one person went blind.
I haven't heard that anyone repeated these studies to find out whether that
person was going blind anyway or whether it was caused by the DMSO.

DMSO is primarily a carrier...meaning that whatever you mix into it is
carried into the body.  CS + DMSO on the skin means more actually gets
systemic than just CS.  If you mix anything that is at all nephrotoxic
(kidney)...it will reach the kidneys in higher concentration than it would
otherwise.   Where it is used as a solvent and people were putting their
hands and arms in the solutions every day I never heard of reports of kidney
damage due to DMSO itself.  This doesn't mean it does not happen...only that
I keep my eye peeled for nephrotoxicity (I have only one) and haven't come
across it.

Dr. Kenney

There has been alot of discussion about mixing
colloidal silver and dmso together. I was wondering if
anyone had ever heard of a product called Oxy life put
out by Dr. Dosbach? It has aloe,oxygen and colloidal
silver. It sounds like a pretty good product. Also has
anyone heard of a product called cell food? someone
mentioned that using 99% dmso was unsafe for the
kidneys. Should this be diluted?

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail