My Mastercraft stainless steel pots are made from surgical stainless steel
touted as having the molecules close together so it doesn't have problems like
other pots. Except for a handle falling off a frying pan, I've never had
problems like warping, discoloration, etc. It makes sense that they are
extremely heat resistant since similar stainless is used for surgical
instruments that are exposed to high heat when sterilized.

Good pots can sometimes be found at holistic health fairs, usually in the demo
section where they fry without fat, cook with only a teaspoon of water, etc.
These kinds of pots are heavy and tend to be pricey but in the long run might be
worth it.

Nenah