----- Original Message -----
From: "Joni Lovegrove" <haw...@msn.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Asthma

> ...I have noticed that cleaning
> agents with ammonia really set me off, but even vinegar is a trigger, so I
> mostly have to rely on my husband to clean anything requiring ammonia and I
> leave the house, scrubbing bubbles seem to be the worst culprit.   I have
> had to quit going to saloon to get my hair cut, the smell of amonia and
> artificial nail cemet is horrible.

Ammonia and hair salon chemicals are poisonous. The best cleaner I have ever had
is Safer Cleaner, from http://www.thesafersolution.com/  It's made entirely from
plants, enzymes, minerals, and amino acids. An electrical charge is imbued to
make it stronger and able to engulf grease without causing any chemical
reactions or undergoing any chemical reactions itself. The stuff is so safe, I
can brush my teeth with it.

> I am working on cutting sugar out of my diet, but there are so many food
> items that have added sugar, you have to be really careful even when you
> have made the effort not to add sugar to anything.

This is why I make my food from scratch.

> I hadn't thought about cosmetics, especially lipstick, most of my cosmetics
> are fragrance free, but I must admit I haven't' checked the labels.
>
> What about cat liter?  We keep it in the basement, but it seems to be a
> bigger trigger than the cat?  I can not go into the basement?  You mentioned
> air fresheners, very interesting, I have noticed that when my husband tries
> to cover up some of the odor from the liter box, it only makes my breathing
> worse.

I use Aranizers to clean the air. They are heavy duty, really work, and can be
left on 24/7. For moisture control as well as a non-electric way to clean the
air, I use bags containing chunks of zeolite, a natural mineral that absorbs
moisture and odors.

Nenah

Nenah Sylver, PhD
Holistic health products, supplements and services
http://www.nenahsylver.com
Author of newly released
The Holistic Handbook of Sauna Therapy