I'm coming to think that owning guns is no longer ,in itself, a deterrant to tyranny..it's the fact that our "kinfolk" in the military, who are a thousand times better equipt and able to organize any assault or defense would hate to have to shoot us relatively pansy ass gun owners into little pieces. [It ain't even 'sportin' ]
Face it, ten of us remote control TV junkies wouldn't compare to even one determined eager to die desert freak with a AK47 and RPG that gets wiped out by the thousand a day by 50 of 'our guys'.

The most horrific armed scenerio we 'could' present would be hundreds of old tottering people in walkers toting rusty wavering shotguns shouting in weak little warbling voices, "We demand our vitamins!!!!!".
'That'.... could be a regime change.

A law that's ignored is not a law.
It's a cry for a strongly defended black market.
The law of supply and demand has NEVER been ignored.
It has ALWAYS superceded all other laws.

"Where there be a demand, there 'shall be' a supply."
That demand has always spontaniously produced, trained and funded the exact degree and army of numbers of midnight guerrilla desparados and underground support networks it takes to satisfy it.

"THAT" is the American way.

Ode [Owns several guns and wonders why...maybe as currency with the desparados?]

Hey dude, trade ya a case of ammo for a case of vitamin C? [Makes those tin cans feel a lot safer.]

Ode [Great white soup can killer and sometime bottle hunter.]
Southern legacy: No discarded washing machine shall exist without a number of small expensive holes in it.