RE: CS>How many ppm in CS
From: Mike Monett
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:31:17
http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m76978.html

  I received  several  emails  regarding my  post  on  cold  sores and
  sublingual absorption. I said:

    "To put  it in perspective, I take 1 oz of 20  uS  cs sublingually
    for 10 minutes, and spit the remaining solution in the sink."

    "I once  calculated the maximum amount of silver  ions  that could
    enter my  bloodstream  at  70  parts  per  billion,  assuming 100%
    absorption."

  My memory was a bit faulty - the actual amount is 0.118 ppm,  or 118
  parts per billion, assuming 100% absorption.

  118 ppb  may seem small, but it is actually 3.3017E+18 ions,  or 3.3
  billion billion silver ions ready to kill bacteria and viruses.

  Even if only ten percent are absorbed and reach the  bloodstream, it
  still means 3 hundred million billion little silver bullets.

  This is  a  very small amount of silver,  and  cannot  possible give
  anyone Argyria as Frank claims on his web site. There are no reports
  of anyone  getting  Argyria  from ionic cs,  but  there  are several
  reports of Argyria from MSP products.

  It is  interesting to compare the results when swallowing the  cs. I
  used to  take  8  oz of 10 ppm each  day.  If  this  were completely
  absorbed into  the  bloodstream, it would  give  a  concentration of
  0.473 ppm, or 473 parts per billion.

  This is  almost  five  times   as  much  as  obtained  by sublingual
  absorption, yet  the  sublingual method gave far  better  results on
  cold sores and the Shingles virus.

  Also, with  sublingual absorption, only 1 oz was needed  every three
  or four days, instead of having to make and swallow 8 oz each day.

  The conclusions seem to be:

    1. Swallowing  cs is a very inefficient way of  getting  ions into
    the bloodstream.

    2. Sublingual absorption is more effective than swallowing.

    3. High ionic cs works much better than low ppm solutions.

    4. The  sublingual method also eliminates the  problem  of killing
    friendly bacteria in the intestines.

All the Best

Mike Monett

  Calculations
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Mercury is  ideal  for   solving   problems  involving  complex unit
  conversions. More information is available at

    http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m76974.html

  To do  the blood calculations, we only need to add two lines  to the
  Collodial Silver  parameters.   Here's   the  values  for sublingual
  absorption:

    Bloodppm    = Milligrams / BloodVolume
    BloodVolume = 5             ; blood volume in litres
    Ounces      = 1             ; amount absorbed
    ppm         = 20            ; cs ppm

  Here's the results:

    Bloodppm   = 0.1182
    NumberIons = 3.3017E+18

  To calculate the amount absorbed when swallowing, make the following
  changes:

    Bloodppm    = Milligrams / BloodVolume
    BloodVolume = 5             ; blood volume in litres
    Ounces      = 8             ; amount absorbed
    ppm         = 10            ; cs ppm

  Here's the results:

    Bloodppm   = 0.4731
    NumberIons = 1.3206E+19