From: sol [mailto:sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:47 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>varicose veins question, was Re: CS>Re: silver-digest Digest
V2005 #60 REPLY

Just for my own information. Is surgical stripping or laser sealing of
varicose veins a permanent "cure"?
I was speaking to a friend who had this surgery done a year ago, and she
got angry at me because I told her I believed the underlying problems
that allows the varicosities to happen in the first place is still
there, and unless addressed other veins in her feet/legs will varicose
eventually. I mean she was obviously terribly insulted by my opinion.
She is an extremely active person, walking miles daily, a lot of it up
and down steepish hills, this isn't new, she has always been active and
walked like that, even while and before she developed terrible varicose
veins. She now says the walking is protecting her from getting any more,
but that doesn't seem likely, if she was also walking as and before she
got them in the first place?
In the interest of fairness, I thought I'd ask just in case I'm wrong
and she is right and she is "cured".
TIA,
sol