I am curious about what reason they give for not publishing the assay.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron [mailto:r...@core.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:06 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Re:

Just got this....

Ron

Sorry for the the delay, but this is the first time I am seeing your
request. In answer to your questions, assays are taken on the purity of all
gold and silver that is used to produce maple leaf coins. Actually the
assays come out higher than the 9999 stated on the coins and each coin is
actually slightly heavier than the weight indicated on the coins. This
"giveaway" is factored into the cost of production. Unfortunately, we do not
publish the actual assay results.

I hope this helps.

David Madge

Executive Director