I would be interested in the research on cancer and inducing fevers. If
possible please post the reference sites.

Many Chinese herbs and formulas are being studied specifically for cancers.
Xiao Chai Hu Tang for liver cancer is in FDA approved second stage clinical
trials. That herbal formula is a classical "harmonizing formula". One of the
Traditional Chinese Medicine's treatment methods.  "sweating" is another
form of treatment to expel a pathogen. It is used in exterior conditions
when a pathogen first enters the body, like in a common cold. And in late
stages as the pathogen is being expelled by other factors and assists by
expressing the pathogen via sweating out through the pores of the skin.
There are many Chinese herbal formulas and recommendation that achieve this.
The sweat produced is only a mild sweat as a heavy sweat like in a sauna or
sweat lodge, is too damaging to the body (and in the case of cancer where
the body is already weakened a heavy sweat would be contraindicated)
Another method is the use of "purgatives". This expels the pathogen out
through the stool. Used when the pathogen is deeper in the body. Although
not a specific Chinese herbal formula, essiac tea, follows this method in
treatment of cancers.

Interesting thought.

Ed Kasper LAc. Licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist
Acupuncture is a jab well done
www.HappyHerbalist.com   Santa Cruz, CA.