What about the mechanism in virons?

TIA

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Marshall Dudley [mailto:mdud...@king-cart.com]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 10:37 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Silver-Colloids responds

Mike Monett wrote:

> Re: CS>Silver-Colloids responds
> From: Marshall Dudley (view other messages by this author)
> Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:36:28
> http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m78819.html
>
>   > If indeed some portion of ionic silver does make it into the blood
>   > and get converted to silver particles, then that could explain why
>   > ionic silver  can  work, even though none can be  detected  in the
>   > blood.
>
>   > Marshall
>
>   Marshall,
>
>   To review,
>
>   1. what is the source of electrons needed to convert silver  ions to
>   uncharged particles?

The cations.

>   2. why  would an uncharged particle combine with and  kill bacteria,
>   viruses, and mold/fungi?

Catalytic effect. Silver particles are an oxidizing catalyst, when they
encounter O2, the O2 splits into two very reactive O- ions and adhear to
the surface of the particle. Upon contact with a pathogen the very reactive
O- transfers to and kills the pathogen, just like the very reactive O- in
H2O2 does.  That may not be the only mechanism.  Charge distribution in a
pathogen cell is  important and it is also possible that the silver, being
an extremely good conductor basically shorts the cell out leading to death.

>   3. have you eliminated metalloproteins as a transport  mechanism for
>   silver ions?

No, have not explored them at all, one way or the other.

>   4. have  you  calculated the solubility of  silver  chloride  in the
>   presence of  the sodium, potassium, calcium,  magnesium, phosphorus,
>   copper, zinc,  chromium,  proteins, and  other  constituents  of the
>   blood?

The solubility of silver chloride will only vary with the presence of
common ions, that is silver and chloride. I do have the curves on the
chloride ion in various forms, sodium chloride, potassium chloride,
hydrochloric acid and so forth and have posted some of them to this forum
already.  There is very little difference between them.  For anything else
to increase the solubility would require complexing, like ammonia or
excessive chloride ions will complex with the silver increasing the
solubility.

>   5. what tests were done to detect silver in the blood?

That is a good question.  Anyone know where these tests were run?  Were
they run by Frank or Steve?

Marshall