Check out some information that would allow your husband to find his metabolic type, because deposits of crystals in the joints can be due to alkalosis. If he is too alkaline further alkalinizing would not be advisable.

From "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" "Alkalosis os often the result of excessive intake of alkaline drugs such as sodium bicarbonate.....it can also result from excessive vomiting, high cholesterol, endocrine imbalance, poor diet, diarrhea, and osteoarthritis." "The symptoms may be manifested as a highly nervous condition...Other symptoms can include sore muscles, creaking joints, bursitis, drowsiness, protruding eyes, hypertension, hypothermia, seizures, edema, allergies, night cramps, asthma, chronic indigestion, night coughs, vomiting...........prostatitis..........."

Alkalosis may be less common than acidosis (according to another health book of mine) but it is no less serious. It can for instance, be the result of aldosteronism, an excess of aldosterone, one of the adrenal cortex hormones. My book says the signs are "...persistently low serum potassium, high normal to elevated serum sodium, neutral or alkaline urine, and blood alkalosis in the presence of unexplained hypertension...."

I find it puzzling that I hardly ever see any mention of alkalosis, only of acidosis. It seems to me unwise, no matter that acidosis is more common, to not look at the possibility at all.
sol

mborg...@att.net wrote:

Question, my husband has gout do you think drinking this tea would help he does drink lemon water to balance the ph but we have not checked his ph levels simply because I have not gotten the ph test strips?