I use a gallon sun tea jar with a spigot on the side so I can decant without worry or inconvenience of filtering. I cut two slots in the lid to insert the 1/2 inch wide silver strips through. I have been using the 6 inch strips but have ordered the 8 In. ones for later. I make a small curl in the end of the strips to attach the alligator clips to and also to keep them from falling into the brew. I set the dial at 8. They told me that at that setting I should get 22 ppm. As far as time is concerned It depends on the purity of the distilled water. I usually set it up at bed time and have it done anywhere between arising in the morning and noon. Which isn't too long considering the amount. Lately I have attached two Silver Eagles to the strips to have more silver to the water and that hurries things up a little.
  I bought one for my daughter and she didn't get around to using it
for over a year. As luck would have It there was something wrong with it. I contacted them and they said there would be no charge to fix or replace the unit.They replaced it and paid the shipping.
 Dave

sol wrote:
"We have had success in making one Gallon batches using a 1 1/2" inch distance between electrodes." This is a quote from the Wishgranted website re the Colloid Master 777.

What kind of brew jar do you use to make a gallon in? How do you space the electrodes? It looks to me from the photos at the website that if you used a 1 gallon glass jar, and put the electrodes 1 1/2" apart they would be edge on to each other? Do you use the standard 6" by 1/2 inch electrodes or the 8" by 1/2 inch ones, and how does that affect the dial setting? How long does it take to make a gallon? Do you use any kind of cover on the brew jar during processing? I wish they would put a photo of this generator in action on the website--if there is one, I didn't find it.

"Regarding stirring, the Colloid Master (R) employs a bi-directional

current pattern to the electrodes. This causes the particles to be moved into the solution without the use of a stirrer. " Another quote from their website. So apparently (though I didn't read it that way) "bi-directional current pattern" means "Polarity Reversal", my mistake that I didn't realize that.

I'm not sure, even with my mis-read of the info at the site re polarity reversal, that I would change my opinion. I would like to see a photo of this unit in action, and I'd also like to see a photo or have a description of your gallon set up.

TIA,
sol

Dave wrote:

For around a hundred bucks you get a generator that easily makes gallon batches without any reason to stir as it changes polarity every 55 seconds and shuts off when done. I don't know where Sol gets such convoluted information but it would be better if correct. The colloid master is current controlled and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy, unlike the SG-6. My suggestion is go there and decide for your self, not just blindly buy what is sold by list members.
Dave