Wow. No wonder he got argyria.  Lets say he added 1/5 teaspoon of salt to an
8 ounce glass of water.  That would be about 2.5 grams of salt.  This would
contain about 1.5 grams of chlorine.  When combined with Silver to produce
silver chloride, it would react with 4.6 grams of silver.

That means the he would make almost 5 grams worth of silver in the form of
silver chloride before he made the first colloidal particle.  In other words
he would have 4600 ppm of silver before he got any colloid at all.  Thus I
doubt he was drinking colloidal silver at all, but just almost pure silver
chloride.

Marshall