Old time rat poison that won't kill anything else.
1 part portland cement
9 parts flour
Mix dry and leave in bowl near water.
..I just had to ask what those porcelain curlicues were in the crawlspace
under that 90 year old house.

 Rats can probably burp..or fart, but they can't regurgitate [throw up /
toss cookies]

I have no problem with pet rats or any animal that's properly trained and
cared about.

Ode