I wrote my reply based on my experience as a graduate civil engineer with some familiarity with compasses. All I have ever used (lensatic, theodolite, ship's binnacle, hobby) had one end of the needle darkened and were pivoted over a card indicating N. E. S. &W. divided into 360 degrees and quadrants of 90 degrees (Europe uses a 400 grad circle divided into 100 grad quadrants). When set up, you could generally determine which end of your house faced north. Let's close this topic! Al.... ----- Original Message ----- From: <cking...@nycap.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Magnetized Water

Heh...
This is gonna go for a couple of weeks...
Been there before...

Chuck

Psychiatrists say that one out of four Americans is mentally ill.
Check your three closest friends....
If they seem alright, you're the one!

On 7/4/2005 9:46:11 PM, Nessie (nes...@shaw.ca) wrote:
Hmmmmm!
Would that not be the North Seeking end.???????
If it is North Seeking, then that would make it the
South  Pole.?????
nessie..

--
The Silver