Microsiemens of conductivity includes a volumetric element that goes
beyond ohms.
 Ohms may be useful, but the multimeter is putting it's own electricity
into the electrodes and generating EIS as you measure.  No telling what
that does to the measurement in different concentrations of EIS.

Microsiemens is not PPM...though, 'if' the measurement is taken at the
right time, it can have close to the same 'number' represented within the
average EIS makers range of normal strength.
 The  numbers slew off one way and the other before and after that 'normal'
range of , say, 10 to 20 PPM due to varying ratios of dissolved
[conductive] and undissolved [nonconductive] componants.
 Those ratios can also vary between batches in the same range made by the
same generator because any little thing in the water can nucleate or
catalyse ionic componants into a non conductive particle.
 Using a laser [TE] can give you an "idea" on which way and how far to slew
the meter numbers to make a 'good guess' on what the PPM might actually be.

..not that any two identical meters read the same in any given range when
calibrated outside of that range, except by shear accident, or that
everyone has calibrated eyeballs.

The saving grace is that actual PPM doesn't freekin matter in the face of
no dosing standards at all. [That make any sense, at all]

'Ballpark parking lot' is plenty good enough for an EIS grenade. [If you
can hear the PA system, you're at the ballgame]

Eyeballs and taste buds tell a story.

Humm, weak..glug glug
Ahh, strong!...glug.
Holy cats! Rocket fuel! ... sip... while making funny faces.

..and the crowd roars "Home Run", perking up the tailgaters ears.

Ode