'No essential oils on or around cats'.... is an erroneous statement. Knowledge of oil chemistry is critical when using oils with cats. EO's cut owners vet costs.

Essential oils containing PHENOLS are dangerous for cats. Cats can use other oils, and in fact enjoy them. e.g. Peppermint (Mentha piperita) if it's organic and steam distilled without chemicals. The peppermint family is related to cat nip. There are cats who will search peppermint oil out of a purse and roll on bottles of peppermint much like their behaviour with cat nip...

On more than one occasion, essential oils have saved my cat's lives, and at other times saved me extensive medical bills. They are fabulous for treating for viral or bacterial infections. I have used them on open wounds and severe infections. On one occasion it took two experienced cat people 5 tries to hold a badly wounded cat in a towel to apply oils to his horribly infected ears and other puncture wounds. Four hours later, he quietly lay on the bed and allowed more Rosewood oil (monoterpenols: linalol 95%) to be applied to his apple red ear and other wounds. A couple of drops every 4-6 hours continued for 3 or 4 days. On the final day, when approaching with the oil bottle he 'took a hike'. Inspection later that day revealed no more infection. He knew. Trust your animal's indicators. Rosewood has been studied at Weber State Univ. for its inhibition rate against gram positive and gram negative bacterial growth.

I've noticed that my cats will often lick my wrist where I have applied essential oils for perfume like purposes.

EO's saved one cat's life when he was in a seizure and rigid - even his tail could not be moved with hugely dilated eyes. We had no time to get to the vet - he was on his way out. It took about 5 minutes until he 'returned'. We used a combination of inhalation, and direct topical neat application with different oils.

Essential oils are an umbrella term. Each oil acts differently subject to it's chemical constituents. Cats must be treated with care, and with the correct oils will respond favorably, just like people or other animals.

Clean water - and high quality water - CS - is important for keeping the pipes clean for our furry friends.

Christine