----- Original Message ----- From: rose
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:08 PM
Subject: CS>ecoli water treatment sorta emergency

hi list...just found out we will have to have another well drilled and will be without water for 2 weeks...the fun never stops. the water we are hauling is from a local spring where everyone hauls water. the fellow there tonight said to treat for ecoli. i searched the archives but cannot come up with the info i need...the animal beings are very thirsty and am hoping for a quick answer on how much per gallon to treat. we have one of ode's generators...the ole bob that is modified to make a gallon.

any help most appreciated...

a rose...
Hi Rose.
I'm not sure about this, which is why I didn't chime in sooner -- but since no one has replied to you yet, I seem to remember 1 tablespoon per gallon. If that isn't right, I hope someone will correct me quickly.

Liquid iodine is also an excellent water purifier.

Best wishes,
Nenah