I am also on the fence about microwaving.  Just to be
safer, I try to use it as little as often, lower power
settings, and stay at least a few feet away from it,
just in case.  But yes, cooking even stovetop changes
protein structure to make the protein harder to
digest. But that's the trade off for sanitation via
heat. However, I will be reading Nenah's link about
nukers at lunchtime.

Hi all,

I've been microwaving for years. I'm 41 years old in great health.
I went to see a nutritionist over a year ago and did a live blood cell
microscopy. She said outside of my candida, I had some free radical damage
to the cells, minor. Considering how much I've done and how well I eat I
wasn't alarmed. I take plenty of "green food" supplementation and my ph
level is most of the time "bang on"
As we know free radical damage can lead to cancer. It takes a seriously
acidic environment to lead to this disease, from what I've read and studied
anyway. We all know many factors could tie in to be the probably cause.

This is just my experience with microwaving. Should I cut back? Perhaps.
I don't think having low free radical damage an excuse to go on this way.
But for the sake of perhaps comforting thought? I would stay aware. :-)

Regards,

Ernie