To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: CS>plant test, was, Re: CS>MICROWAVING

You do need to cool the water, of course. I did this three times, comparing it with water boiled on a stove. Took less than two weeks for the plant being watered with microwaved water died, each time. I too thought there could have been other causes, which was why I tried it three times. It really blew me away. I don't know if just warming the water would make a difference or not - the directions on the experiment given to me said to bring it to a boil, so that is what I did. Joy

sol wrote:

I'll try this. How long is it supposed to take to kill the plant? If the period is too long, the plant could have died of other causes. And I presume one lets the microwaved water cool before applying to the plant soil, otherwise, watering any plant with hot water will kill it.

Do I heat the water to boiling? Or is any period of microwaving, even just to warming supposed to change the water enough to kill the plant? sol