As you're already figuring out from other replies, Kel, there's a lot
of ways to build a CS generator!

Current limiting can be as simple as a series resistor sized so that,
once the current increase vs. time curve starts to level off it's
drawing no more than about a milliamp per square inch of wetted area.
That should be about the time you start seeing a Tyndal effect from the
laser pointer... right, Bob?

If your process varies by a factor of two here or there, it's not
crucial. You'll find that there's a lot of room for variation without
losing effectiveness.

Keep up the good work. Ask questions (there's other newbies reading
along eagerly!). Let us know how it goes.

Be well,

Mike D.