We all have parasites all the time. Some you can get rid of permanently, some only temporarily. But others like the mites that live in the follicles of your eyelashes are impossible to eradicate.

However gross, I think we have forgotten that until just the last couple of hundred years at the most, humans lived infested from birth to death. These parasites evolved right along with us after all, and they are very good at surviving. In addition many parasites (even some intestinal worms) provide benefits, such as reduced allergies. There are some "out there" scientists and physicians who think a lot of the current epidemic of allergies is due to the fact humans in developed countries don't have tapeworms anymore. We live surrounded by a world of bacteria, viruses, fungi, plus all the multicelled parasites. And I am certainly not willing to give up the joy and wonder of living with household pets because they might give me worms, of course, I luckily live where household pets almost never have fleas, don't get heartworm, seldom get tapeworms, etc because of the very long, very cold winters. It is one of the consolations. LOL.

While I'm not ready to drink a glass of tapeworm eggs, or tolerate head lice or body lice, I am really trying to not be so upset by the fact I'm part of the web of life, not separate from it. I'm not there yet, but I'm trying to chill out about those eyelash mites.............
sol

Pat wrote:

To me, nothing is grosser than the thought of having parasites! A roundworm 1/2 out of my puppy sent me to the couch standing and screaming while my husband took care of it. I did manage to pick up a squirming tapeworm segment my puppy left on the dining room floor, and took her to the vet for a worming the next day. Sooo, I'm thinking of trying a parasite cleanse I saw online. http://onelifeusa.com/health_news/CleanseKit.htm Does that work? Am I right in thinking that colloidal silver will kill parasite eggs but not adults? How much would I have to take to do that? If I see nasty creatures that came out of me, I'll be writing from the mental institution next time!