Dear Jonathan,
          Although I greatly appreciate your gracious thought, I feel
constrained to remind the list membership:  We do not solicit, or accept,
outside contributions.  We are very well funded, and enjoy
an extraordinary experience of professional and personal freedom.....through
being exempt of governmental, political---even social----pressure attendant to
accepting other peoples money to fund "our personal" choices for research
pursuits.  It is more in keeping with our principles of operation that we
should give financial support to the Silver List......than to accept financial
benefit from it.
                     Best Regards, Brooks.