One more clarification on current regulation, I believe, before I order and
hook em up.  Dan mentioned using the 1ma current limiting diodes in proportion
to electrode surface area i.e.1ma/1sq in , whereas everyone was more or less in
agreement on the limit at or under 1ma.  Is the proportion the thing?  And is
it one or both electrodes?

Maz

Dan Nave <dn...@mn.nilfisk-advance.com> wrote: Buy the .91 or the 1.1 ma rated
diode  instead of the 1.0 ma rated
diode.
You will pay twice as much for the 1.0 ma rated diode.

Dan

>>> "S&JY"  3/1/2006 10:06:43 PM >>>
Mouser Electronics www.mouser.com/centralsemi.  You want a current
regulator
diode which you simply connect in series with one of the leads going to
an
electrode.  They come in various current ratings starting at 0.22 mA on
up
to 4.7 mA.  Some part part numbers are 610-1N52xx, where xx is 85 for
.27
ma, 91 for 0.56 ma, 94 for 0.75 ma, 97 for 1.0 ma and 99 for 1.2 ma.
You
are better to go with less than one ma and let your generator run for
longer time; this yields smaller particles.  Cost is about $2.
--Steve Y.

 Yahoo! Mail