I had an inquiry from a chicken farmer in the Philippines for a CS maker a while back. He has 20,000 birds.
 What I suggested:

The Philippines are a hot place.
Mist cools things, like birds, off.
CS quality isn't a huge concern with fowl and bird farmers are rarely rich...so.. Get an old [or new] toilet tank, hang a large sheet of silver and a sheet of stainless steel in it for electrodes.
Car batteries or a charger for DC  power.
Install a spigot for an outlet to a bucket with a sump pump in it. [Pump cycles periodically as CS water level gets high enough in the bucket] Pump pressurizes the mist system with a bleed off spigot to fill drinking water trough. How far the spigot is opened regulates PPM [if too much flow, lower the voltage and reduce output flow rate ..don't want constantly 'wet' birds...3 to 5 PPM is plenty, maybe even 1 PPM]
Toilet tank valve regulates input water level.
Use the best water possible, but don't worry too much about that. [Cistern?]
Cistern. [My "Boonies" water system and shaded hangout for several years...300 gallons capacity...easily expanded, cheap and scrounged parts] Pick a high spot for gravity feed. Tie large tarp corners to vertical supports and let it droop over an open top tank in the middle underneath...screen wire over the tank opening. Overflow can go to other tanks. [Setup also acts as dew collector]
Cut hole in lowest portion of tarp and let it rain.

Birds get cooled off, are automatically sterilized on the outside periodically, entire environment gets sterilized and birds get CS drinking water for the insides.

..and the whole thing shouldn't cost more than a few 100 bucks.

Ode