we just bought some coconut oil from this place

http://www.agbangakarite.com/whole_coconutoil.php

the quality is wonderful, smells heavenly, taste wonderful.  this is a fair
trade company which is in alignment with our preferences.  this is our first
shipment and we are very pleased with the company, there response staff and
their good vibes in general.  we ordered two gallons, it came packaged well and
in a timely fashion.  we did have to wait a few days for their fresh shipment to
come in.  below is a communication from them...

Thank you for your support and interest in our virgin coconut oil. All our
oils are food grade under the Togolese food regulation, but not under the
FDA. We ship your order out by Thursday as our new fresh shipment will
arrive tomorrow.
Thank you,

this site has some interesting info...

http://coconutoil.com/

we have stopped using any oil but coconut and olive...the palm oil is out of our
price range for now.  i did enjoy reading daddy bob's account of the distinct
flavors.

we were caring for a kitty with fatty liver disease...the stress of being dumped
set the condition in motion...and although he succumbed to fip, another
challenge he had, the addition of coconut oil to his food we attribute to his
lasting as long as he did in relative comfort.  we actually got the jaundice
cleared up...on the theory the coconut oil would help clean the liver and give
energy in his emaciated state.

we are exploring the oil issue in depth.  i know that i am always cold in winter
months and changing oils made for warm hands and feet...something i have never
had.  i had read some 30 years ago about rancid oils being one of the biggest
causes of all sorts of health challenges...but like all good things you
read...well, you know.  i will never go back to the garbage they sell to a
sleepy public.  coconut oil is such a minimal investment in our health and the
health of the animal beings at our special needs animal sanctuary when you
consider all the things you have to do to cope with ingesting rancid oils, or
just plain poly-unsaturated.   the oil is simply AMAZING.

rose