In Japanese hospitals, some doctors are also using highly acidic water made with the "alkaline water machines" popular here. One can choose the pH of the water. Very low pH is acidic and has been shown to be of use on bed sores and skin ulcers from diabetes. This method may be worth looking into also.

JBB