In a message dated 4/29/2006 4:16:15 PM Central Standard Time,
ssc...@grandecom.net writes:
I recently have been infected with Poison Ivy. I am spraying with cs/dmso
mixture in hopes it will be a quick cure. This is the first time I have ever
had
it. Is there anything else I should do to speed things along and has anyone
else had good results using cs for this?
Hi Jeff.  I'm coming in to this conversation late, and you may already have
all the information you need -- but I didn't see anyone mention a product
called Zanfel.  This is an OTC product that you can purchase at most any
pharmacy.
It's a soap/salve type treatment that you use to wash the affected area, and
it neutralizes the irritant in the oil from poison ivy.  It is that oil
(ushriol) that causes the intense itching.  I have used this product once and
had
virtually immediate relief -- but I caught the exposure early.  Don't know if
it
will work so quickly on poison ivy that's been working on you for a couple of
days.  Worth a try though.  It is expensive, though -- seems to me I spent
thirty-five dollars for a small tube.  My sympathies to you -- a poison ivy
rash
is miserable.     MA