At 09:14 AM 5/7/2006 -0700, you wrote:

Chuck,
I didn't get the impression that the lady was at all hostile. Just curious with an inquiring mind. I must say that although people say its just soo easy to make CS you have to admit that making GOOD quality CS is not so easy a task, takes time, trial and error. I've had several batches that were clear and went like tea after settling and some batches that remained clear with satisfactory pmms.....and save slight differences in production....ie time, switching electrodes, quality of water, cleanliness and condition of equipment, not all batches are equal and not all makers have sufficient patience, perseverance or knowledge.

So, I would conclude that realistically speaking it is not as simple as some would have one believe. I am not knocking CS or those who use it , (myself included) just stating what simplicity proponents would rather not acknowledge. Although the makers of the constant current equipment make the job easier by eliminating most of the hazards it remains a process that improves with experience and time with non mass produced vendor equipment.

 ##  To my knowledge, there is no "mass produced" equipment.
..no robot assembly lines, no factories full of employees...just one or two people killing their backs at a lathe and/or drill press in the basement or garage and squinting through a magnifying glass at a circuit board with a soldering iron in hand.
 [ I actually have a drill press and assembly/test bench in my living room ]
Vendors of constant current generators have done all that trial and error and make every device by hand. ..same with the not so well researched and developed devices that 'claim' to make it easier.

Ode