So, you mean you appreciate the dumbing down of the world??
  I wouldn`t call ignorance unique, I`d call it appalling.
  It is grating to read, whether in books, or emails, or even crawls across
the TV screen, the innumerable
  misspellings and misusages of the language. I saw three misspellings on
CNN just today, and another
  one on the local news, then the historical fiction book I`m currently
reading is full of inconsistancies, and so emails to the Silverlist that are
grammatically incorrect are the last straw, I suppose.
  Can`t we learn to do better? Does anyone really care anymore?
  Marshalee
  (Sorry Mike, I`m in perimenopause... That is all from me.)

  My,

  I'm rather amazed to watch decent people denigrating each other's
uniqueness. And being so petty as to take someone to task who might not
write/speak as well as another.  Where is the compassionate discernment
here.  This isn't the list I have known for so many years...where is this
coming from?

  Not a fun exchange to read.

  FWIW,

  Craig