Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:11:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Pat <pattycake29...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: CS>Niacin

I was having such severe flushing with just 100 mg niacin that I finally
gave up.  The heat and raw itch would start at shoulders and head and go
down chest, arms, and finally thighs.  I'd be bright red like sunburned.  I
could take all that ok, but a few times I had a faster heart rate and I
felt queasy and light
headed and just miserable.  After a few weeks, it was getting somewhat
better.  I'm going to start taking it again, starting now with 50 mg.

 I read this: Taking aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
(NSAIDs) at the same time during the first 1 to 2 weeks may reduce this
flushing. Use of an antihistamine 15 minutes prior to a niacin dose may
also be helpful. The flushing response may decrease on its own after 1 to 2
weeks of therapy.

I definitely think niacin is better than taking one of
the drugs.

                                      Pat