>> Home-made colloidal silver contains no silver nitrate)
>
>I believe the above statement might not be strictly accurate, as
>homemade HVAC colloidal silver probably does contain silver nitrate, per
>my memory of posts from ole Bob. I think that is why he gave up on it
>after much work on it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Anybody have a
>better memory than me?
>sol

There are several ways of making High Voltage AC colloidal silver.
One of the first invetigated was to suspend one of the electrodes very
slightly above the surface of the water.
When power was applied, the high electrical tension would draw a cone
of water up from the surface to engulf the bottom of the suspended
electrode.

The problem Bob investigated was when the cone drops away (which
happens when the sol continuity increases to a certain level), an arc
would establish between the electrode and the water surface.
He discovered that a compound would occur in the humid air that would
contaminate the CS and make it acidic as I recall.
I don't remember the compound. Think it was nitric oxide.
Bob insisted that to avoid this reaction, a CO2 blanket above the
water surface would suffice.

Other methods that submerge both electrodes also avoid the "problem".

                                                        Chuck

The early bird still has to eat worms!