I believe someone (or some someones) on this list use Tropical Traditions virgin coconut oil. I haven't used any of mine for quite some time, and I just noticed my bucket of it has an expiry date of Dec. 3, 2005. Anybody know it if is still safe to consume or cook with? It smells fine, but does have little tiny "beads" in it, teeny lumps. When rubbed between the fingers, I can feel these little bumpy lumps (smaller than the small decorative multicolor sugar beads used for cake decorating) but as the oil melts from the heat of my fingers, they melt too. I tasted some of the oil and it seems fine, not rancid. I'm just wondering if the little bumpiness means the oil has begun to get moldy or something? I wanted to use some of this oil tomorrow, but am not sure it is safe to use. Of course, I wrote to TT, but probably won't hear from them until next week sometime, so I'm hoping someone here will know.
thanks in advance,
sol