My Coconut Oil Supreme has the tiny lumps and the jar
of expeller pressed Spectrum Natural which I just
opened does too.  The Spectrum brand has a slightly
cooked smell and seems much oilier on the skin.  It
was the cheaper one of the two choices at Whole
Foods,...cost about 1/2 as much as the other brand.
Coconut Oil Supreme isn't sold in stores.  Coconut oil
Supreme states, "It is separated directly from fresh
coconut milk without the use of fermentation and is
never heated."  They say the shelf life is 3 years and
does not need refrigeration.

It's funny, I was reading about coconut oil when your
post came in.  Hope I don't sound like an ad for
Coconut Oil Supreme, but having been disappointed by
my rancid (maybe fermented?) flavor of the Virgin
Tropical Traditions and now this Spectrum brand, I
might not try more brands.  However, I have finished
my jar of Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream.  That
stuff is wonderful for a little snack when I need
something sweet.

                                                Pat

http://mail.yahoo.com