I have only read in one report that henna can cause liver or kidney problems in
only certain people who have a certain condition and I cant recall what it is.
Every other thing I have read about it,says it is safe. If opting to cover grey
hair, it is best to use a good organic brand of henna and use strong coffee
instead of  water to mix it with. I dont know what it does to grey hair but
this is what they suggest. I have used henna as a conditioner and if it has
color, it will turn hair a purple color but that depends on the type of henna
used.