I also use the 9v batters, Does your cs when finished appear cloudy sometimes mine even appears gray in color.

                   Barb
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark S. Siepak" <bro...@gtcinternet.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: CS>CS generator

I don't understand why you electronics gadget guys insist on making such a
complicated unit! Three 9v batteries, two jumpers, two silver electrodes,
and a quart jar. So you have to watch it, so what? Brew cs while doing
laundry or watching TV, reading, etc. After a few tries, you will have some
idea of when to check it so it doesn't turn yellow (which really doesn't
matter, anyway, and I also have no earthly idea why you folks think it
does). The whole idea is to get someone who is curious about CS started, so
they can begin to see the benefits!

Sure, once they are convinced of the benefits of CS, if they want to they
can 'go electronic', but I never have - I use old 9v batteries from the
smoke detectors that get changed every year, that would otherwise be thrown away. Also from r/c remotes that no longer have enough range to control the
vehicle (bad to get your r/c boat too far out on the pond, then realize it
isn't responding any more, and going toward the spillway!!)

Mark
--
"The real trouble with this world of ours is not that it is an unreaonable
world, nor even that it is a reasonable one. The commonest kind of trouble

Mark S. Siepak