From: Ode Coyote <odecoy...@alltel.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Polarity Switching ?...-Some thoughts about it.
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:31:44 -0500

Frequency can tweek the process from favoring oxide production to favoring hydroxide production.

ode

At 04:57 PM 11/23/2006 -0400, you wrote:

Friends,

From what I understand, the object of polarity switching in the process of brewing AIS is to eliminate the normal silver oxide accumulation in the cathode and the harder coat of silver oxide in the cathode, which maintains both electrodes clean.

A determinate ammount of silver oxide will be produced in batch "A" without polarity switching, which at the end of the process will have produced a noticeable moderate dark grey "beard" on the cathode.

If we have an identical batch "B" (identical water quality and ammount, temperature, process time, current flow, container, electrodes, etc.) and have polarity switching during the process, I assume aproximately the same ammount of silver oxide will be produced, but instead of accumulating it is, in every switching of the polarity, solving into the water, aside from the ions and colloidal particles being produced.

If, after batch "A" is finished, the current is stopped and the electrodes left in the produced EIS, after a few seconds the cathode "beard" starts turning into a "cascade" mostly dissolving in the produced batch, and a smaller part sedimenting at the bottom of the glass jar.

If this is the case, the only basic difference between "A" and "B" would be cleaner electrodes in "B". Both will have a determined ammount of silver oxide incorporated, instead of being cleaned off at intervals during the process.

Regards

Carlos

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>