Dear Sam,

Thanks, that does help. Thermal stirring is the only
game in this house at the moment. I kinda like to do
things myself, and this is better than nothing. Maybe
it will work better with the electrodes spaced a
little farther apart. It is nice to get the info about
how many square inches I have submerged, I had not
figured that out yet.

Thanks for the offer of the Faraday calculator, but I
am not set up for excel, I am running a standard imac
with only the mac software for now. I can do the calcs
fine, though, it is a simple formula when the current
stays constant.
Hi Kathryn
The first batch was OK but you didn't run it long
enough. I would estimate 24-30 hours using .23 mA per
quart with electrode spacing at 2 inches. Using 1 mA
would take 6-8 hours (estimated)

Thermal stirring doesn't work well with quart batches
unless its a short fat jar, the stirring action is
only good for 4-5 inches upward. Although It might
work well with low current and electrode spacing of 2
inches. Most of my experimentation has been done with
electrode spacing of 1.5 inches or less.

10.5 inches of 10 gauge wire is about 3 square inches
of total electrode so your safe up to 1.5-2 mA of
current if you want to go that high but I suspect you
will need a better stirrer or a short glass like a
pint jar. You could bend your electrodes in a u shape
to fit the height or the jar if needed.

Tyndall effect shows particles, not ions. Most lvdc
generators produce 80-85% ions and the rest particles.
If your using a laser to show Tyndall effect you want
to see a smooth Tyndall effect, not a real grainy
looking one with big sparkles with them.  More
important though is if the cs stays clear after a day
or two. If it goes off color like yellow or gray-gold
then the particle size has increased.

Hope that helps.
I have a nice Faraday calculator built into and excel
speadsheet if your interested.

Sam L.