Interesting. I wonder if what is happening is that silver iodide is being formed instead of silver chloride when iodized salt is used. Although silver iodide is insoluble, it is a pale yellow instead of an opaque white, so it may not be as easily seen.

Marshall

cking...@nycap.rr.com wrote:
Mike Monet insisted (and I found it to be true) that only a pure salt
such as canning salt would show this test.
Table salt wouldn't work for me.
FWIW
                                                Chuck
Marching to a different kettle of fish

On 12/21/2006 4:59:07 AM, Jonathan B. Britten