To: "silver list" <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:41 PM
Subject: CS>Fluoride

Carlos said, " By the way, has anyone noticed that dental caries problems
have not gotten any better since the beginning of the fluor craze,"

Last week the dentist asked what kind of toothpaste I'd been using because I have a sore place on the upper gum that has been there for 3 months. I told him various natural ones with no fluoride. He about went wild, asking where I read that fluoride is not good for teeth. He said things are put out there on the internet for many reasons and gave me a big lecture. He and the hygienist said that teeth won't re-mineralize without fluoride and that if I hoped to keep mine for the rest of my life, that I needed fluoride toothpaste. He did agree that there might be too much ingested from the water in some places. He said that years ago most people my age (late 50's) didn't have their teeth anymore. He said some might accuse dentists of using the fluoride treatments as a money making scheme, but that can't be true since it cuts down on the fillings necessary. This dentist is a smart man in his 50's who has dedicated his life to keeping his patient's teeth in good
condition.  How could he be totally wrong?  Is he wrong?

Pat

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>