This kind of posting is the reason we really need archives again someday.

I archive messages from this list, and have dozens of very useful references. This is one of them. I lack the expertise to verify the claims, but I know the poster is a serious, long-term participant, so I am inclined to believe the information is correct. Therefore, it's regrettable that newcomers to the list may never see Marshall's many useful postings.

Alas. . .