My parents go to the ocean twice a year and get some gallons of sea water. They have a spot picked out that they feel is a pure spot, and they load it up. When they get home, they boil it a little, then they drink a shot if it in the morning with beakfast.

My dad is an engineer, and with that background knowedge, he knew that sea water has *every* element suspended in it, some of which have a dissolve time of years, and he thought it would be a good way to be sure his body has everything it needs. He is now 80, and only has one health issue, and has had an active and healthy life. This is one part of it, I think.

When I tried it, I felt a little unwell, so I did not pursue it. I think my reaction may have been herks, it was before I knew what was wrong with me.

I have seen another product called "ocean plasma" that is natural seawater, not boiled, and sold as a supplement.

The Great Salt Lake was part of the ocean at one time, but as water levels dropped, and the level of the earth increased (the whole region has experienced uplift in the last few million years- see the walls of the Grand Canyon for how far it has risen), it could be assumed the minerals in it are largely inorganic minerals.

On the other hand, the parrots in some tropics eat clay from deposits in canyon walls, it is presumably for the mineral content. Other animals do similar things, so I hear. Eat clay, salt licks, etc.

Kathryn