On 2016-01-07 03:27, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
On 2016-01-07 01:00, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
Meanwhile, the 'crude' way to exchange data on most simulators can
actually be done with cut and paste in console or telnet sessions.

Indeed. That also works. But it is really problematic when copying
data into the simulator, since this goes through the OS terminal
driver, which have limitations. Pasting in data often leads to data
loss in my experience. But copying out works fine.

Actually, copying data into a simulator with paste has improved vastly
recently.
10's of Kbytes of data pasted at once without data loss.  Give it a try.

Uh? Really. How recent do I need it to be then?
I'm on:
   PDP-11 simulator V4.0-0 Beta        git commit id: e9b312f2

Well, git commit id: e9b312f2 was back on June 6, 2014.  Not too many folks
would call that recent.  :-)

Recent being in the last month or so.

Ok ok... I'll try a new version in a day or three. Way busy with a rather interesting project inside RSX right now...

        Johnny

email: b...@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books