On 1/20/16 7:37 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
I see you are having fun. :-)

A couple of comments:

ODT actually stands for On-line Debugging Tool, not Online Debugging Technique.

You display the map file after linking with /debug, but the actual map file included was not from linking with /debug. :-)

Johnny,

I have fixed the map.

With regards to ODT, the documentation calls it On-line Debugging Technique all over the place - from the System Utilities Manual - "On-line debugging technique (ODT) is a program that aids assembly language programs", from the Introduction to RT-11 Manual - "For MACR0-11 users, RT-11 provides a special on-line debugging tool called ODT (On-line Debugging Technique)." I agree it sounds weird, but I didn't dream it up.

I have confirmed that ;B does delete all breakpoints, but as you suggest, so does B by itself and nB will delete the specified breakpoint. G by itself doesn't work in this version of ODT (5.08). The address and semicolon are required. If a relocation register is set, the address can be relative to the relocation register. I took all of the ODT commands straight from the Utilities Manual and Introduction. I think the version as distributed in RT-11 v5.3 may work slightly differently from the RSX version.

I agree with your point about word and byte boundaries. It felt awkward when I wrote it and then I got antsy and impatient to get done :). I'll fix it up.

I'll have to play around with the current directory stuff and then I'll edit that section as well.

Again,

Thanks for the response.

Will