What I tried before was similar. Here is the log message I am talking
about:

Sep 30 14:27:30 host dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from 00:00:00:00:00:00 via
1.2.3.4: network 1.2.3/23: no free leases

'A' is the mac address and 'B' is the network.

type=PairWithWindow
ptype=RegExp
pattern=\S+\s+\S+\s+\S+\s+\S+ dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from (\S+) via \S+
network (\S+): no free leases
desc=$2 no free leases
action=none
ptype2=RegExp
pattern2=\S+\s+\S+\s+\S+\s+\S+ dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from ^($1) via \S+
network ($2): no free leases
desc2=$2 no free leases action
action2=send email
window=120

--
Mike Rykowski
NU-IT Telecommunications and Network Services